Swedish Chalmers University of Technology, project coordinator of the Graphene Flagship, will be hosting the first broad scientific graphene conference under the flagship’s umbrella,Graphene Week 2014
, 23-27 June.
Media are invited to attend the full range events at the Graphene Week 2014. See details below.
The competitive call results – press briefing
One event of special media interest will be the announcement of new partners being invited to join the of Graphene Flagship consortium, which today comprises 76 partners from 17 countries. Here are more details on the competitive call
. A press release will be distributed on Monday, 23 June, at 12:30 CEST, to be available with press kit here
At site on Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg the new consortium of the Graphene Flagship will be commented by Prof. Jari Kinaret, Director of the Graphene Flagship, and Prof. Andrea Ferrari, Director of the Cambridge Graphene Centre and the Chairman of the Graphene Flagship Executive Board. Time:
Monday, 23 June, at 12:30 CESTPlace:
Chalmers Conference Centre, Chalmersplatsen 1, 412 96 Göteborg, hall Valdemar
The Graphene Flagship
represents a European investment of €1 billion over the next 10 years, and has the mission to make graphene and related layered materials revolutionize multiple industries and create economic growth and new jobs in Europe.
Graphene Week 2014
The conference will combine fundamental science with a strong focus on industrial applications such as membranes for filtration and water purification, optoelectronics, biomedical applications, energy storage and photovoltaics. Also large-scale production techniques as well as new two-dimensional materials will be emphasized, all key areas where Europe has a leading role.
A two-day industrial workshop starting on Monday, Graphene Connect, will focus on sensor applications. It is an event aimed at creating a direct dialogue between academia and industry, to foster new opportunities and encourage new common projects.
Media are invited to the Graphene Week 2014 to:
- Learn about the results of the competitive call to expand the initial consortium of the Graphene Flagship and interview those responsible from the European Commission, flagship leadership and advisory board
- Attend the inauguration and get a tour around the first graphene exhibition “Graphene: a new age” at Science Centre Universeum (Södra Vägen 50, 400 20 Göteborg, Sweden) on Tuesday 24 June 2014, at 11:00 CEST.
- Experience an up-to-date research overview
- Meet and interview graphene researchers from the Graphene Flagship and all over the world
- Get a news update on graphene applications and innovation
Monday 23 June 2014 (from 7:30 am CEST) to Friday 27 June 2014 (noon)
All information here on Graphene Week 2014
For questions and registration, please contact:
Christian Borg, Head of media relations, Chalmers University of Technology, +46-31-772 33 95, email@example.com
Christophe Eléhn, press officer, Graphene Flagship, +46-766-105923, firstname.lastname@example.org