Please note: We are no longer accepting applications for Student Grants.
Students attending the Graphene Week 2018 and submitting an abstract (as first or second authors) may apply for student grants from the Graphene Flagship. Please read the application requirements closely and follow the instructions (see below). Incomplete or illegible applications will not receive funding.
The purpose of this support programme is to encourage and promote the professional development of students in the field. It is considered an important tool in fostering the next generation of graphene researchers and a key element in the continuous renewal of the flagship community.
Eligible students may apply to receive a €200 discount of the delegates' fee. Applicants will be treated on a first come, first served basis. These grants will be awarded to students selected by the Graphene Week Programme Committee.
Student grants are available for a limited number of students (100) planning to attend Graphene Week 2018.
Who can apply?
Please be aware of the following eligibility criteria for the student grant:
- An abstract is presented - An abstract, clearly stating the author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s), must be submitted into the registration system. Second author applicants must include a statement about their contribution to the project in their application. Its contents are in line with the topic description in the call.
- Students (Bachelor, MSc or PhD) who are involved in graphene and related materials research activities.
- Open to all nationalities (however, the candidate must work in a research institution/organisation).
- Fluent in English.
- Apply for the grant by submitting your application via the link above. Please note that applications with incomplete information will not be considered.
- Application and supporting documents are written/presented in English.
- Students entitled to student grants will be notified via email after the assessment of their application.
- The selection process will be carried out by the Graphene Week Chair and the Graphene Week Programme Committee, based on the abstract content (there are 100 student grants available).
- If you received the Graphene Flagship confirmation email confirming your entitlement to a Graphene Week Student Grant, please follow the registration procedure described in the confirmation mail (the registration fee will be reduced by €200).
- Register and check if you received the confirmation with the correct details of your booking.
No further travel funds
The Graphene Flagship does not provide support for students traveling to the congress; these costs should be managed through other sources.
25 July 2018 18:01