Graphene Study is now accepting applications for student grants! Applications are due by 30 May 2018.
Students and young researchers attending the Graphene Study 2018 and presenting their research as posters (as first or second authors) may apply for student grants from the Graphene Flagship and SCOPE projects. Please read the application requirements closely and follow the instructions. Incomplete or ineligible applications will not receive funding.
The purpose of this support programme is to promote the professional development of students and early career researchers in the field. It is considered an important channel to develop the next generation of graphene researchers and a key element in the continuous renewal of the flagship community.
Eligible students may apply for a €200 reduction of the delegate fee.
The number of grants is limited to 30. Application requirements must be followed. Incomplete or ineligible applications will not receive funding.
Who can apply?
Please be aware of the following eligibility criteria for the student grant:
- Poster presenter at Graphene Study 2018 (as first or second authors).
- Early career researcher candidates (Bachelor, MSc, PhD or Postdoctoral) who are involved in graphene and related materials research activities.
- Graphene Flagship Affiliation: Candidates who apply for a grant must study or have a research position at one of the Graphene Flagship’s ‘Consortium Partners’, ‘Associated Members’ institutions or COST Framework Programme (check the full list here).
- Open to all nationalities (however, the candidate needs to work in a Graphene Flagship Consortium Partner, Associated Member institution or COST Framework Programme).
- Proficient in English.
- Apply for the grant by submitting your application via the link above. Please note that applications with incomplete information will not be considered.
Students entitled to student grants will be notified via email after the assessment of their application
If you received the Graphene Flagship confirmation email that you are entitled to receive a Graphene Study grant, please register via the link sent to you in the confirmation email. (The registration fee will be reduced by 200 Euros).
- Register and check if you receive the confirmation with the correct booking details.
No further travel funds
Travel funds cover costs for lecturers traveling to the conference to present their research hence reducing overall fee rates for delegates.
The Graphene Flagship doesn’t provide support for students traveling to the conferences; these costs have to be managed through other sources.
29 May 2018 15:00