Student grants application is now closed
Students and young researchers attending the Graphene Study and presenting their research as posters (as first or second authors) may apply for student grants from the Graphene Flagship. There are also additional grants available for Associated Members and Partnering Projects’ members that are covered by SCOPE.
The purpose of this support programme is to promote the professional development of students and early career researchers in the field. It is considered an important channel to develop the next generation of graphene and 2D materials researchers and a key element in the continuous renewal of the flagship community.
Eligible students may apply for 200 Euros reduction of the delegate fee.
The number of grants is limited to 35. Application requirements must be followed. Incomplete or not eligible applications will not receive funding.
Who can apply?
Please be aware of the following eligibility criteria of the call:
- Student (Bachelor, MSc or PhD) who are involved in graphene and related materials research activities
- Poster presenter at Graphene Study (as first or second authors)
- GF Affiliation: candidates who apply for a grant have a research position at one of the Graphene Flagship’s ‘Consortium Partners’ or ‘Associated Members’ institutions (check the full list here).
- Open to all nationalities (however, the candidate needs to work in a Graphene Flagship Consortium Partner or Associated member institution).
- Fluent in English.
- Gender balance is considered in the evaluation.
Steps of the Application
- Apply for the grant by submitting your application online. Please note that applications with incomplete information will not be considered.
- Application and supporting documents are written/presented in English.
- Students entitled to student grants will be notified via email after the assessment of their application.
- The selection process will follow the Graphene Flagship requirements. There are 45 student grants available.
- Apply and check if you received the confirmation with the correct details of your application.
- The selected students will receive the approval by email, please follow the registration procedure described in the confirmation mail (the registration fee will be reduced by 200 Euros).
No further travel funds
The Graphene Flagship doesn’t provide support for students traveling to the conferences. These costs should be managed through other sources.
15 January 2018 10:39