Students attending the Graphene Week 2017 and submitting an abstract (as first or second authors) may apply for student grants from the Graphene Flagship. Please read the application requirements closely and follow the instructions (see below). Incomplete or not eligible applications will not receive funding.
The purpose of this support programme is to encourage and promote the professional development of students in the field. It is considered as an important tool in fostering the next generation of graphene researchers and a key element in the continuous renewal of the flagship community.
Eligible students may apply to receive a 200 Euros discount of the delegates' fee. Only early-bird and normal applications will be considered for the Graphene Week 2017 grant. These grants will be given to those selected by the Graphene Week Program Committee.
Student grants are available for a limited number of students (125) planning to attend Graphene Week 2017. Applications for student grants are made through the registration form.
APPLY NOW FOR A STUDENT GRANT
Who can apply?
Please be aware of the following eligibility criteria for the student grant:
- An abstract is presented - an abstract, clearly showing the author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s), must be submitted in to the registration system. Second author applicants must include a statement about their contribution to the project in their application. Its contents are in line with the topic description in the call.
- Student (Bachelor, MSc or PhD) who are involved in graphene and related materials research activities.
- Open to all nationalities (however, the candidate needs to work in a research institution/organisation).
- Fluent in English.
- Gender balance is considered in the evaluation.
- Apply for the grant by submitting your application via the link above. Please note that applications with incomplete information will not be considered.
- Application and supporting documents are written/presented in English.
- Students entitled to student grants will be notified via email after the assessment of their application.
- The selection process will be done by the Graphene Week Chair and the Graphene Week Programme Committee, based on the abstract content (there are 125 student grants available).
- If you received the Graphene Flagship confirmation email that you are entitled to receive a Graphene Week Student Grant, please follow the registration procedure described in the confirmation mail (the registration fee will be reduced by 200 Euros).
- Register and check if you received the confirmation with the correct details of your booking.
No further travel funds
The Graphene Flagship doesn’t provide support for students traveling to the congress; these costs should be managed through other sources.
22 May 2017 09:39