INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORAL PRESENTATIONS
Presentation delivery and upload
The oral presenters can upload their presentations at least 2 hours before the start of their presentations. It is also possible to use an own laptop. Both Mac and PC computers are allowed.
You may also send your presentation before the conference. The following ways are available:
- by e-mail to: [e-mail address]
- via WeTransfer https://www.wetransfer.com/ (see instruction https://wetransfer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202702233-How-do-I-send-transfers-). The receiver’s address should [e-mail address]
Please save you presentation with your name and date/time of presentation as follows: 13 June 15:00 Smith, not just the name of the conference. This will prevent any confusion when loading the presentation on the computer.
The projection system supports 4:3 screen format. Oral Presenters can use PowerPoint 2013 on PC computer.
Preparing Your Media for Onsite Presentation
- Save your files to a CD-ROM, USB Storage Device.
- If you create a CD, make sure that you close or “finalize” your session. If you omit this step, you cannot access the CD from any other computer.
- When building your presentation, make sure that you include any external files utilized in the same folder as your presentation (i.e., movie files).
- When creating your media for transportation, copy the entire folder to the disk.
- Remember to make a back-up copy of your files and transport it in a separate piece of luggage.
- JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images.
- Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentation. Images that are created at a setting higher than 75 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the size of your presentation.
- Try to avoid overloading your presentation with unnecessary images.
- If necessary you can use music, sound input will be available.
We only supply fonts that are included with Office 2013. If you need a specialized font, it should be embedded into your PowerPoint presentation. For instructions on this process, please click on the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826832/en-us
- It is imperative that you check your movies if your presentation contains video files.
- Please be aware of the size of your video files. In most cases, lower resolution video files are very effective.
- While we try to support as many PC video formats as possible, we can only accept movies under the following conditions:
- Please take steps to compress your videos. Uncompressed videos will take longer to upload and will not be better quality than a modern MPEG-4 codec.
- We can only accept movies created as MPGs, WMVs, or with the following AVI codecs: MPEG-4 (Divx, Xvid, WMVs).
- Apple Quicktime formats such as MOV, QT, MP4, or DV files are NOT supported in Windows PowerPoint
INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Schedule for posters
- The Poster Sessions are scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (17:30 – 19:30)
- Posters should be mounted by 14:00 on your scheduled day.
- Posters must be removed by 10:45 the next day.
- Poster materials may not extend outside the assigned display board.
- The poster should be available in A0 size, portrait orientation (841mm x 1189mm). Your poster number will be displayed in the upper left corner of the poster board. Check your number in the Conference Programme which will be posted on the Graphene Flagship website on 9 May. The Conference Programme will be also attached to your badge. The material for poster mounting will be supplied.
- The abstracts will be published in the Graphene Week 2015 Abstract Book (contained in the USB), available to all participants.
Awards Ceremony & Reception
All accepted posters presented at the conference are eligible for the Best Poster Award. Selections will be made during poster sessions by the Poster Award Committee based on the level of the research, quality of the poster, and clarity of the presentation. The winners of the Best Poster Award will receive a Certificate endorsed by the Programme Committee and a prize. The award ceremony will take place during the Gala Dinner, which will be held at the Kubicki Arcades on 16 June at 20:00.
09 June 2016 21:39