2nd Graphene Flagship 'EU-Australia Workshop' on graphene and related 2D materials
The 2nd EU-Australia Workshop was held at the Marina Congress Centre in Helsinki (Finland), during 23-24 September 2019. The workshop provided an open technical forum that brought together leading researchers from Europe and Australia to discuss cutting-edge research in 2D materials, with the aim to facilitate scientific exchanges, discuss common challenges and explore mechanisms for future collaborations.
- Dusan Losic, The University of Adelaide, School of Chemical Engineering, Adelaide, Australia
- Costas Galiotis, FORTH/ICEHT Patras, Greece
- Bronwyn Fox, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Jun Ma, University of South Australia
- Mainak Majumder presented by Joynul Abedin, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering & Department of Chemical Engineering, Monash University, Clayton, Australia
- Manuela Melucci, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche-Istituto per la Sintesi Organica e la Fotoreattvità, Italy
- Rakesh Joshi presented by Tobias Foller, School of Materials Science and Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia
- Paolo Bondavalli, Thales Research and Techniology, France
- Vladimir Falko, National Graphene Institute, University of Manchester
- Michael Fuhrer, School of Physics and Astronomy, and2ARC Centre of Excellence in Future Low-Energy Electronics Technologies (fleet.org.au), Monash 3800 Victoria, Australia
- Vincent Gomes, The University of Sydney, School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Australia
- Jaakko Kaidesoja, Imagine, Australia
- Stephen Hunt, Graphene Technology Solutions, Australia
- Keith Paton, National Physical Laboratory, Hampton Road, Teddington, UK TW11 0LW
- Joynul Abedin, Nanoscale Science and Engineering Laboratory (NSEL), Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Monash University, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
- Lachlan Hyde, Manufacturing Futures Research Institute, Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn, Australia
The workshop was co-organised by the European Graphene Flagship project and the Australian Research Council (ARC) Hub for Graphene Enabled Industry Transformation as a parallel session of the Graphene Week 2019 conference and gathered numerous attendees of the conference. The feedback of Australian delegates has been very positive as they could benefit also from the networking opportunities of the Graphene Week 2019 conference.
The main topics addressed during this workshop were:
- graphene production and functionalization
- commercialization and certification
This workshop was a follow up to the 1stAustralia-EU Workshop held on 17-19 October 2018, in Adelaide and Sydney (Australia).