Graphene Flagship and AMI2030 call for European advanced materials partnership
The Graphene Flagship and Advanced Materials 2030 Initiative (AMI2030) jointly call for a European partnership under Horizon Europe and its successor FP10 in the field of advanced materials, including 2D materials.
We seek to establish a long-term cooperative relationship between public institutions and private-side stakeholders from industry, research centres and academic institutions to promote the further development of advanced materials in Europe.
The general objectives will be supported through a set of actions, covering Advanced Materials lifecycle and value chains across various Materials Innovation Markets (MIMs), while addressing critical challenges and needs along the materials innovation cycle:
- Leverage game-changing technologies for the fast development of scalable Advanced Materials solutions.
- Develop Advanced Materials technologies with low environmental footprint and circular business models.
- Support innovation uptake and access to infrastructures and services.
- Promote the outreach, dissemination and further exploitation of results.
- Contribute to an efficient implementation of key regulations, norms and standards supporting the design, development and uptake of Advanced Materials.
- Education & Skills (Knowledge management).
- Pave the way towards a European Advanced Materials Innovation Ecosystem.
- Establish international cooperation.
By joining forces and integrating the 2D Materials initiative into Advanced Materials, the two initiatives will more efficiently tackle the main challenges Europe is facing and be more impactful in reaching the objectives set on EU sovereignty and autonomy, innovation leadership and industrial competitiveness and making the green and digital transitions a reality. We are ready to bring together the multiple stakeholders across the advanced materials value chain. Implementing an open and systemic approach will synergize skills, resources, initiatives and programmes, for the benefit of the European advanced materials sector and all downstream markets.